The ventilation of the house is as important as hygiene. Lack of ventilation can enhance the growth of bad bacteria inside the house leading to an endless number of bacterial health issues. So, here we are with few tips to help improve the ventilation system of your house.
1. Allow fresh air: Open up windows and doors to allow fresh airflow within the house. A lot of people forget to regularly open doors or windows to let fresh air in and push stale air out. Simply opening doors and windows a few times during the day to “air out” your house quickly replaces stale indoor air with fresh outdoor air, getting rid of pollutants, allergens, and excess moisture.
2. Dry laundry outside: Wet clothes can add to bacterial growth in the house if the ventilation is not properly maintained. Make sure to hand the wet clothes to dry outside in sun. You can also put the laundry to dry under roof outside such as a patio cover if it is raining outside.
3. Extract fans and attic fans: Extractor fans and attic vents are specialized ventilation systems that service certain areas in the home. Extractor fans that vent out into the open air should be installed in kitchens, laundries, and bathrooms – these are the key areas where moisture and stale air build up much faster.
4. Ceiling fans and window fans: In addition to the extract fans that improve your overall air, traditional fans can ensure that the air continues to circulate. Window fans are especially useful for this purpose.
5. Install Home Ventilation System: A well-designed and well-installed home ventilation system provides great ventilation regardless of what the weather is like outside, which is a great alternative to simply opening doors and windows.
Proper ventilation is one of the home’s basic necessities for becoming a comfortable living space. Ventilation maintains air quality in the home. And so anytime you need help with ventilation maintenance and repairs, always call a licensed HVAC tech for assistance.